We’re always looking for passionate people to join our team.
If we don’t have any active listings, shoot us an email and tell us more about yourself and what position you’re looking for.
UX Research Intern
LENS Strategy is seeking a user experience researcher who is interested in studying user journeys with technology and digital interfaces. We are looking for someone with a passion for telling user stories, mapping processes, and discovering insights to improve user experience. By the end of the summer, you will have a strong piece of work for a real client to add to your design or research portfolio.
How do you know if this role is right for you?
The ideal candidate has a curiosity for, or experience with, research and design for information technology and/or web-based applications. This intern will be mentored and coached by a team of designers and strategists, and this is a great opportunity for someone who is excited by hands-on, project-based work that they can take real ownership and initiative in developing.
How will you spend your time? Your day will involve:
- ● Working with the strategy team to develop a research plan
- ● Conducting primary user research through interviews and surveys
- ● Communicating findings through tools that include but are not limited to: user personas, journey maps, storyboards, and system diagrams
- ● Making recommendations for user experience improvements Presenting recommendations to stakeholders
- ● Enrolled in a degree program in Experience Design, Service Design, Human Factors, Interaction Design, or similar field Portfolio of previous projects (academic and spec work accepted)
- ● Experience performing qualitative and/or quantitative research and analysis
- ● Passion for user-centered design principles
- ● Usability testing experience is a plus
- ● Data visualization is a plus
What about your qualifications? You should be:
LENS Strategy is an innovation consultancy that takes a design approach to solving complex challenges related to strategic planning, customer experience, and operational planning. We are based in Boston within Shepley Bulfinch, a nationally renowned architecture firm. This is a paid internship at which you’ll do meaningful work – we will never make you go on coffee runs, we promise.
Shepley Bulfinch is an Equal Opportunity Employer.